Friday, October 23, 2009

Artist's Don't Cook A Lot.... or - My Husband Thinks I've Lost My Touch in the Kitchen

I don't cook a lot... I'm always saying... "Now I'm off to my studio to paint..." and I do...

A few years ago I decided that I only have time to cook a lot and paint a little, OR I can paint a lot, and not cook.

At that time, my cooking skills also strangely began to "slip".... (Even though I finally had the red and black kitchen I had always wanted).

Does it say 1950's or what?

Anyway, cooking a large meal for two people just doesn't make sense if you want to do other things in life.... (and if you don't have a lot of time left.)!

So we go to a lot of great local eateries where I manage to eat healthily while my Corky can eat all the greasy foods he loves and maintains his waistline with!

Yesterday we went to Rooster's Cafe... Now just look at this great turkey sub I had!


I had to take all the chips and half the sandwich home! The turkey had been roasted there, and it was fresh!

So, who needs to cook! hah...

Well, off to the studio.... I have a painting to finish!

While you're cooking dinner, be sure to know you have the blessings of that Wild Old Lady who is painting in Florida!

Been "there", done "that"!

No comments: