Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fantasy In Watercolor - Underwater Scene With Flowers!




This is my 11" x 14" watercolor painting "Underwater Scene - Fantasy 101"...


(I would love to illustrate a children's book! Can you see it?)


I started by putting random circles of resist on 140 lb. watercolor paper, using various sized bottle caps. This was done spontaniously, without thinking of the end result. Fun, eh?


Then I wet the paper and introduced various colors, letting some mix, while some colors were left in puddles to intensify.


After this dried, I looked at the result and let the shapes "speak" to me.... Some shapes said "bubbles", "fish", "flowers", "gecko", and "sponges". No matter that some of these things are land-bound, and others were water-bound.


I looked around carefully to make sure the "Anti-Creative Cops" weren't looking, and then I painted my little fantasy....

A closeup of my little seahorse and sea "critters"!


A Detail of Floral Elements!



So enjoy, my dears....... from that Wild Old Lady in Florida, who's returning to her studio now to paint some more!

No comments: