Saturday, October 10, 2009

Obama Gets Nobel Peace Prize .... For Giving the World Hope

All the moaning, groaning, and rants by "commentators" about this great news is exactly why I don't watch the "News" any more!

You would think a disaster had happened... like a nuclear holocaust, or (worse yet) all the grandmothers in the world had been forced to run a marathon naked! Give me a break!

First of all, please know that wagging tongues, as well as idle hands, are the devil's workshop...

We have hundreds of TV channels all competing for attention, so even the fart of a New Jersey back-woods cow can merit a ten minute rant by Glen Beck - or other similar "Holy Rightousness" advocates. Good God, how dare the Nobel Peace Prize be awarded to a sitting President of the United States. The nerve!

Without manufacturing "news" or voraciously inventing "opinions", based on "skewed" facts, 95 percent of these "gassbags" would be earning an honest living, or standing in an unemployment line.

But any empty-headed idiot sitting in front of a TV camera is suddenly an intellectual giant, completely qualified to assess if the Nobel Prize was "earned" by Pres. Obama. (What constructive thing have you tried to do for the world, Bucky?)

It would be a joke if it weren't for the millions of people who tune these programs in so they can fill the vacuum in their minds with something.

I admit that years ago I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh.... I even thought he was talking for me, fighting for me.... Hah... As time passed by, I caught "skewed facts" here and there.

After checking the facts supporting the content of Rush's tirades, I began to listen to the tone of his delivery. I heard arrogance in his tone, and wondered why I ever fed my mind with such toxic content. I found his program to be a carefully scripted delivery of divisive rhetoric.

Opinions can stated reasonably and with respect, but that just doesn't "make for good T.V". Sadly, the style which brought him success is now imitated widely by other "news commentators".

The tearing apart of Americans that is done by "commentators" will only stop when we start tuning them out.

So get smart, America.... stop feeding into the frenzy of the "commentators", and turn them off!

Back to Pres. Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize.... I think anyone who can give the world a little hope with intellectual calm in this climate of fools, certainly deserves it!

I decided a long time ago I would not interject political opinions into my light-hearted, funny blog. This is not a political opinion, it's just a cry of "OK, enough already!"

Remember this one thing about your brain.... "garbage in - garbage out"....

"Hate In = Hate Out" also applies!

Please stop listening to hate and foolishness.

So lots of love to you, whatever your political leanings are, I can respect and listen to you.

This Wild Old Lady is now going to paint a picture!

No comments: