Saturday, August 8, 2009

Burger King Shoots Baby...

Can you imagine my shock when I read that horrifying headline???

Well, the headline was really "Burger King Boots Baby" and the "story" was that a family was told to leave Burger King because their 6 month old baby was not wearing shoes... Ahhhh... What a relief...

But that little jolt is one I experience frequently because my mind often mixes up letters as I read them.

For some unknown reason, when my mind substitutes words or letters it almost always changes the meaning to an obscene one. Therefore I am often seen walking around with a shocked look on my face. My saving grace is that since I am old and fat, few people are looking at me!

In one recent case, it was not my mind scrambling letters. A sign near our home was advertising a type of lawnmower.... called the "Grasshopper". Well, I thought it said something obscene, but not wanting to plant evil or titilating thoughts in my husband's mind, I always ignored it when we passed by.

One day, as we approached the sign, my Corky (breaking his code of "silence") said, "There must have been some wind. That sign's bent!"....

So I really looked at the sign, and noticed that it was bent.... so that the "Gr" was not visible! I was elated! It wasn't me.... that sign actually did say "ASSHOPPER"!

Oh happy day! .... And for the rest of you who think it's all in your head... my story should give you hope!

Bye for now from that wild old lady in Florida... :)

No comments: