Friday, August 7, 2009

Corky's Big Fat Can of Tuna Fish!

I consider myself a connoisseur of tuna fish, and buy only the water-packed cans of white solid Albacore. (Oh, how classy and patrician can you get!)

One day, after listening to my preaching about the benefits of Omega 3, my Corky began to eat cans of tuna from of our cupboard while I was out at my art lessons.

Oh, how proud I was of him! I was also puffed up with myself that I had finally become a good influence on him! I had done the impossible! I had changed Corky one iota!!!

You see, my husband Corky is the most inflexible human on earth.... For Example: If you have an appointment with the Dr. tomorrow and are having a heart attack today, well you just don't go into the Dr. until tomorrow because that was your committment.... hah...

Oh, I was smug, in ecstasy (yes, my idea of "ecstasy"), and "riding high", but don't they say "Pride goeth before the Fall"?

Wanting to bask in my success, I went to his "Man Cave", sat in the "guest seat", smiled and asked, "How do you like the tuna?" (Oh, I just couldn't leave well-enough alone!)

Hardly looking up from his crossword, Corky commented, "There is a lot of tuna in those cans... I could hardly finish it...."

Puzzled, I left his room and tried to imagine what he meant. Those cans of tuna I buy only hold 5 oz. of tuna. I mean, we are talking about a man who used to eat 1/2 bag of Oreo "Double Stuff" cookies at one sitting.... consuming each cookie as one bite. Watching Corky eat cookies is like watching a frog eat flies.... the tongue shoots out, cookie gets stuck to it and "wooshhhh" there it goes, all in one piece, never to be seen again!

Eventually I looked in the garbage, the place where I solve most of the mysteries connected with my husband, who is a man of few words.

Aha! There I found it! .... An empty 13 oz. can of "Premium - Chicken Breast"! .... The idiot had been opening the cans of Chicken Breast I had in the cupboard, thinking they were Tuna Fish!

That was almost a pound of chicken for a snack on... no wonder he thought it was "a lot" to eat. Hah...!!!!!

Well, Corky had his One Big Fat Can of Tuna Fish, but it was of such high quality, it tasted like "Chicken"! Hah....!

I still feel smug... I think you can figure out why... So when you have a tuna sandwich, think of me, that wild old lady in Florida for whom every day is a lotta laughs!

Smile! It won't "get" better, it already "is" better.... you just have to see it!

No comments: