Monday, August 10, 2009

Melissa d'Arabian Wins "The Next Food Network Star" Horay!

I "cheered" for Melissa to win from the very beginning! Her sparkling "personality", bouncy "energy", and ability to "think on her feet" reminded me of myself when I was her age.

Except for the sparkling "personality", bouncy "energy", and the ability to "think on her feet", we could have been twins! Oh, and she has blonde hair (to my chestnut), doesn't look like she has an eating disorder, and actually is making a marriage work while raising children. - (It's sooo much easier to just do either one or the other!) I can only concentrate on so many things at once.... Ever hear of a "human implosion" ? Just watch me trying to please a child and a man at the same time.... hah! (Ironic that you have to have a man before you can have a child... eh?)

Anyway, I just love watching my "alter ego", Melissa - at "work". Seeing her hug her friends and cook economical meals reminds me of the economical meals I used to improvise with my friend Nancy.

Did you know that split pea soup can be enhanced by adding pepperoni slices? So classy and innovative! Of course, if you were broke like Nancy and I, you had to invite a male friend over the night before and ask that he bring a "double pepperoni" pizza with him. Then you would stage a "James Dean" seance... with candles, incense, moving tables and mumbo jumbo... and then during the "show" you would spirit a couple of pizza pieces into the fridge....

Viola! "Split Pea Soup - Ala'Italia" the next day!

Soooo I am sure you can see why I identify with Melissa!

My Corky looked this over and deadpanned ... "How do you think of these things..." I looked at him and decided not to tell him I write about things I actually did.... I replied (truthfully) "I have a good imagination"...

Well, I know you are in a rush to try my new recipe! Do you think I should "try out" to be the next "Food Network Star"? Maybe viewers could identify with a more mature, larger version of Melissa next season...!

It really is entertaining to watch me try to cook something that involves more than two ingredients. ("Where am I?") Between my arms bumping into my front while trying to "wisk" egg whites, and my whole body then going into a convulsive, unwanted "shimmy" I think viewers would learn something! It's time that Food Network Star injected some Physical Comedy into their shows!

So, please tell them about that wild old lady in Florida, who could "round out" their shows! Hah.... Keep smiling and "whipping" :)



No comments: