Friday, July 3, 2009

Florida Living - My Own Pool

There are drawbacks to living in Florida. I miss seeing my girls and grandsons. Nothing can replace them. However, having a nice "caged" pool is a plus. I get in the water almost every day for an hour of exercise. Up north, our pool got up to 80 degrees one time! Big whoop, I thought I was in 7th Heaven! Down here I am so acclimated to the heat, that if it goes below 85 degrees, I think I am freezing! We have a pool heater, but once it gets hot outside, the water is fine.

Ooops, I used the term "caged" pool. Before living in Florida I didn't know what that was. It means that when I walk out my back door, onto the lanai, the pool is totally enclosed with screening, along with the lanai. No bugs, no mosquitos.... it is heaven! Hah.... I will take the "cage" happily!

No comments: