Monday, July 27, 2009

Is The Brooklyn Bridge Still For Sale?

If the Brooklyn Bridge is still for sale, please don't advertise it on Television!

My husband sits in front of the T.V. every day in his Electric Lift Chair, watching "Informative Commercials" ... credit card in hand! All of a sudden he is enthralled by demonstrations of mechanical wonders like the "Swivel Sweeper". (We now own three, and have given two as Christmas gifts.)

When I had a phone installed next to his chair, I thought it might come in handy if he ever wanted to call "911". Who thought he would ever develop the mental agility required to write down 11-digit phone numbers? (Now I believe chimps can be taught how to do anything.)

A few years ago he tried ordering items, using the automated systems you reach when calling the 1-800 numbers. Fortunately for our bank account, his fingers were too big to press the proper numbers quickly when prompted to, so his ordering attempts fell flat.

Then some marketing guru figured out that using voice recognition would be a good way to take orders over the phone. Well, my Corky can talk, so is he in luck now!

When I hear his muffled voice barking out commands from the direction of his "man cave", I know he's ordering something again. This time, it's a "wand" that turns the water pressure from your hose into that of a "pressure washer". (Did I mention we have a pressure washer in our garage?)

Well, until I hear him barking out such selections as "blonde", "good looking", and "replacement", I am not going to complain. Hah....

After all... the Brooklyn Bridge is not for sale yet, and a man has to have a hobby!

Keep laughing friends!.... :)

No comments: