Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mommy's "Fat" Clothes!

When I was in my thirties and gave birth to my second daughter, my weight sky-rocketed! (Doesn't "sky-rocketed" sound much better than I sat on the couch and ate twinkies while feeding my baby? ... hah!)

Well anyway, it was an out of the world experience to gain 70 pounds in 8 months.... (And, I'm talking about after my daughter was born!)

She was a joy, and loved me with total acceptance only the way a child can! I might not have liked myself, bursting out of my skin, but she loved me....

One day I was in the bathroom, getting ready to go to work, my clothes hanging nearby... (Yes, I was nude.... don't even go there!...)

My little 4 year old doll looked up at my formidable girth and said with the greatest amount of amazement and admiration (As though it was a good thing....) "Mommy, you're really fat...." then she looked at my clothes, fresh off the rack, designed by "Omar, the tent-maker", and continued to say.... "And.... those are your Fat Clothes!"

It was not hard to smile at her and agree... the loving way she spoke to me just made me feel good. When people really love you, everything about you is not only accepted, but Loved!!!

Have a good night, and now it's your turn to think about all the times you have been really loved!



No comments: